From:
Mary Kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:29:30 -0800

Dear Friends,

  There were recent posts regarding Weight Watchers. I have been a WW member on and off for a few years. My weight loss was always glacial despite walking 10,000 steps a day and sticking to the plan pretty well. (10 pounds in a year)

  I recently read a book called "Mastering Leptin" by Byron Richards and I found that if I followed the principles in the book, an ate the same foods as I had been eating on WW - I lost weight! It works like a charm for me.

  He also explains how leptin resistance throws insulin out of whack - as well as thyroid. I have had low throid symptoms for many years - My scores improved a bit when I went GF four years ago. However my symptoms were still bad. I was put finally on 30 gr of Armour  - and this made me feel great!

  However, after doing the Leptin Diet for about three weeks - I am now completely off Armour altogether! I feel great. I started to "burn up" two days after starting the diet...and so I cut my dose in half (with my doctor's okay) ...That felt good after my body adjusted. I then added 200 mcg of selenium to my supplements - soon I was able to cut Armour alogether....Selenium is very helpful for thyroid - and helps you to utilize iodine....However, be careful with it if you live in the Dakotas as the soil there is already very high in selenium.

  Tthe book explains how we figuratively throw cold water on the thyroid by eating incorrectly thoughout the day. Here are the basic rules from their web site - but I highly recommend the book for the details - (And I have no financial connection with these people.). The book also explain how leptin affects heart disease, cancer, arthritis, prediabetes, menopause and much more....But he was right on the money about the thyroid - I can vouch for that! I also feel happy and normal - not like a weight loss weirdo amongst my thin family...This can be done "normally".

  This book has also helped another WW friend who has struggled for years - and finally she and her husband are losing weight.

  Sincerely,
  Mary Kretzmann

  5 Rules for Mastering Leptin
Following the 5 Rules in the book Mastering Leptin can significantly make healthy weight loss easier. Why these rules work and how leptin plays and essential role in your health is explained in this breakthrough health book. For optimum results when taking Leptin Control Pack, we recommend following these eating guidelines:
  1. Eat 3 meals a day with no snacking; leave 5-6 hours between meals.
2. Never eat after dinner; allow 11-12 hours between dinner and breakfast.
3. Do not eat large meals; always finish eating when slightly less than full.
4. Eat a high protein breakfast.
5. Reduce (don’t cut out) the amount of carbohydrates eaten.
  The science behind why these rules are so important is completely explained in the book Mastering Leptin. This book is available from Wellness Resources and book stores.

*******
*******