From:
Colby Ray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 18:52:48 -0700

I just had the new bone density test where they stick your foot in cold
water and calculate your bone density.  Surprise, surprise, I had horrible
results.  My "score" was 344 - it should be 400 for someone my age (40 year
old female).  The nurse translated this for me - you have the bones of a 70
year old woman.  Anyway, they want me to have the more comprehensive bone
density scan, where they scan your whole body.

What I want to know from this group is:
        1.  Does anyone know how accurate this new heel scan is?
        2.  Has anyone had this scan be "bad" and then get better results
with the full scan?
        3.  The nurse said not to worry because they can give me medicine to
fix this problem.  I'm assuming this is Fosamax.  Are there any issues with
this medication that I should know about?
        4.  I am self-diagnosed.  Does this mean I should really have the
biopsy done (assuming I can get a doctor to do it) to confirm celiac?  Is
this an indication that my self diagnosis is accurate?

Thanks for all your help,
a much older...
Colby Ray in Bellevue, WA