From:
Cynthia D Burgess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 16:58:09 PST

This is a belated reply to a post requesting a GF perogy recipe:

I have never seen a gf recipe for perogies, but if you find one please
pass it on!  We grew to LOVE them when we spent 10 years in British
Columbia (before my husband's cd diagnosis).  In the meantime, the next
best thing to satisfy the craving is a perogy casserole.  I just put
alternating layers of mashed potatoes, fried onions (lots!), monterey
jack cheese and lasagna noodles (from Ener-G) in a casserole dish
(finish with mashed potatoes and cheese on top) and bake until bubbly.
Of course, the layers can be varied to include whatever fillings you
liked in traditional perogies (ground beef, cottage cheese, etc.)
Garnish with sour cream, bits of bacon, or whatever.  Enjoy!

Cyndee Burgess
ELKHORN REALTY
P.O. Box 633, Reserve, NM  87830
Voice:  (505)533-6728  Fax:  (505)533-6540
Email: [log in to unmask]