From:
Olive Kaiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Olive Kaiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:59:37 -0800

I have a friend who is celiac and also suffers from diagnosed manic depression/bipolar disorder.  Is there ever a possible connection?

I've noticed on many websites that sometimes various psychological problems may be connected or at least some people with these problems respond favorably to a gluten free diet.

However, searches don't bring up much on bipolar/manic depression.  They do mention depression a lot.  Does the depression I'm bringing up on searches include manic depression/bipolar?

Are there people on this forum with personal experience among their family or friends in this matter?  Or doctors who can enlighten us?

Thanks,
Olive