From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 22:38:30 GMT

On Celiac, we try to avoid direct advertisement by those involved in
ventures in which there might be a financial arrangement.  In order to
distribute this information, to our readers you will often see these
"public information" type of posts.

As with any product or service, please conduct your own research into
how this camp could be of service to your family.

We are now up to three summer camps in the US/Canada.  Please direct
questions to Beth Fahlstrom   [log in to unmask]

--
Michael Jones ([log in to unmask]) Orlando, FL USA
Visit the Celiac WEB site at: http://rdz.acor.org/lists/celiac

Beth Fahlstrom was diagnosed with Celiac disease in September of 1987,
and have been active in the North Dakota Celiac Disease support group
since then. Among other things, she is currently on the board of Camp of
the Cross Ministries, a camp owned by Lutheran congregations in western
North Dakota.

The following is a synopsis:

Welcome! Please consider the possibility of coming to spend a week with
us where the beautiful rolling hills of the prairie meet the great water
of Lake Sakakawea. Our lake is a part of the historically significant
Missouri River system, which the Lewis and Clark exploration party
followed on its way to the Pacific Ocean. The lake receives its name
from the Native American woman who acted as guide for Lewis and Clark.

Camp of the Cross invites you to participate in our regular program,
which for the week of July 25-30, 1999 will provide food specifically
tailored to your gluten-free dietary needs. All campers who have
completed grades 3 through 6, whether they need this special diet or
not, will eat the same meals prepared by our knowledgeable food service
coordinator who has the same dietary needs as you. This will be done so
no one will be singled out as "different".

Camp of the Cross is a Lutheran Outdoor Ministry which seeks to
communicate God's love for everyone. Even though we are owned by
Lutheran congregations in western North Dakota, we welcome anyone who
desires to take part in our programs regardless of race, creed, gender,
or special needs. You are not only welcome, but we look forward to the
gifts you will bring that will broaden our horizons.

Your week will include playing games, arts and crafts, swimming,
canoeing, sailing, Bible study, hiking, worship, campfires, and seeing
more stars than you could ever have imagined. All of this will be done
in a cabin group of about seven other people your own age in addition to
your college-age counselor. This living experience will foster a sense
of community that leads to learning and the creation of new friends.

Come and see how there is still adventure through exploration to be
found in the West. Come and know that you will be challenged physically,
emotionally, and spiritually while you stay within the protective care
of our well-trained, loving staff.

For more information, please send your replies to: [log in to unmask]