Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:53:22 -0400

Hi All,

Sorry so long to post this summary but here goes:

Original Post:

Does anyone know if tonic water i.e. Schwepps tonic water is GF?
Also, what about Vermouth?

Some Notable Answers:

I've found Schwepps tonic water on Abigail Neuman's database to be GF;
and I use it or Canada Dry tonic water with my Chopin (potato) Vodka and
find it to be just fine! As a matter of fact, it works wonders!

I was told at a liquor store that vermouth is made from grapes. So as with wine, you should be able to enjoy it fully.
I personally use a little if I make a vodka martini and have had no problems.

My doc recommended tonic water (plain - no alcohol) to use for leg cramps.
It really helps.

Along with my Quinine pills, I have to drink an 8 oz glas of Schwepps tonic
water with quininine daily and I have never had a problem with it.  I don't
see anything in the ingredients that would even suggest a problem.

Hope this helps!

Personally I use Vermouth when cooking Risotto.... mmm, mmm, good.
Be well everyone,

Mark