From:
S&J Pitula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 10:59:46 -0600

I understand that this question may have been asked some time ago but...
My husband was diagnosed with DH about six years ago and has probably
been a celiac all his life and didn't know it. He was recently (this
weekend) admitted to the hospital with ITP. Things are going well now
but has anyone else out there had this happen to them? Did the
hematologist "blow off" any connections between the two? One doctor
asked if he has eaten something strange - This triggered my research. I
have found several people that control their ITP with a gluten free diet
and I wonder if they are Celiac/DH. Let me know!!

Please reply only to me and I will post.

Regards,
Janelle