From:
Mary Blymire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:10:46 -0800

Hello,

1.  It is necessary for me to have a hysterectomy.  I was having recurring
pain to the right of my navel on and off for a year and a half during the
period while I was becoming gluten-free.  I had an EGD w/biopsy in Sept.
and am happy to say all is well.  That information led my (new to me in
Sept.) very savvy female gastro to send me immed. for a cat scan and then
to my female gyn. as the cat scan showed a cyst.  This was followed up by
an ultrasound that told more of the story combined with my medical
records.  Come to find out much more is involved and I will be feeling a
whole lot better after this "temporary inconvenience for a permanent
improvement."  Enough said about me.

Just please heed my warning:

                Please keep up with all those gyn visits and routine
tests along with Your healing and dealing as a celiac.  Very important
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.  Would the person who posted the request for info re: celiacs having a
high tolerance for pain please summarize or let me know the responses to
your post.  Given pain is a very vital signal from the body/brain, if this
is the case for many of us, as it is for me, we need to be very vigilant.

Many thanks.

God bless.

Mary B.

Mary C. Blymire, Faculty Staff Assistant
Department of Academic Affairs
PENN STATE YORK CAMPUS
1031 Edgecomb Avenue
York, PA 17403
phone:  (717) 771-4150
fax:  (717) 771-8404
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

  "IMAGINE all the people living for today ..."