From:
PATRICA CLARK <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PATRICA CLARK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:56:50 -0400

Hi All,
    I am the newcomer who posted the question about the spelt pretzels.  I want to thank the 70 or so people who replied.  I have learned that celiacs are the NICEST people!!!!  Thanks to your response the pretzels went in the trash.  Overwhelming the answer is that spelt is a form of ancient wheat and contains gluten.  Some said less gluten, some said more but all (except one) said that it is taboo.  I hope the one person who said that she is eating spelt bread stops eating when she/he reads this. All of you were so nice in your responses and some even gave me suggestions/advice and links since I am fairly new to this.  My gratitude goes out to all of you.  I have learned more from this website than the doc or nutritionist (who really wasn't helpful at all).  Thanks