From:
turnerandturner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 14:05:50 -0500

For some reason (I don't know) I seem to have developed a sensitivity to
eggs (yolks and whites) since going GF (constant eggish gas).  I'm new to GF
baking, so this poses a slight problem when trying to modify Bette Hagman's
recipes for baking breads and making pancakes.  I  saw a recipe on the net
stating to use 1 heaping tablespoon of soy flour and 2 tablespoons of water.
Well, I tried that and my baking batter seems to be lacking enough liquid
(quite stiff) and doesn't seem to rise much when baking.  Anyone have
success using this method or know of how much and what kind of liquid to
add?  Using Flax as a substitute is too strong tasting and Ener-G Egg
replacer leaves a weird after taste.  I'd appreciate some pointers and added
suggestions.

Also, has anyone developed a sensitivity to eggs after going GF?  Thanks

Takiyah
- Georgia