From:
Drew Howerton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Drew Howerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 20:41:42 -0800

Listmates,

The response to my first posting (Fatigue, ADD, Focus, Provigil) was
overwhelming, and I mean that in the best way possible. The
encouragement and support was amazing. I will summarize that post when
I'm on the plane tomorrow. I've been making slow and slight
improvements, but have still been sick enough to stay away from my
computer for a week.  And now this, I've just been asked to go on a last
minute trip to Paris (never been) for work. Normally I would be ecstatic
about this, but my health has me more than a little concerned. I'm
terrified of eating out here in California and the thought of having a
language barrier and not being able to read labels seems overwhelming
(in a bad way). Anyone that has any tips for staying GF in Paris or
while traveling internationally, please email me ASAP. Unfortunately,
due to the nature of the trip I won't have too much say on where I eat,
so GF tips on actual restaurants won't be as helpful, but anything will
help at this point. I'm trying to get a copy of one of those dinning
cards in French, but I can't seem to find one; I don't even have one in
English yet. I've already requested a GF meal on the plane and the
airlines were super-accommodating. Little tips would be great too, like
when I'm on the go now and can't get home to prepare something healthy
and GF certified, I grab a Snickers or some other GF candy bar (side
note: Balance Bars are supposedly GF but they still seem to bother me?).
Are Snickers GF in Paris or should I pack a sack of them?

There are worse problems to have than fretting over a Paris trip, I
realize this. But I'm leaving in less than two days and I don't want CD
to keep me shut in my cheap hotel room.

Thanks,

Drew

Los Angeles, CA