From:
Diana Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 14:03:28 -0500

Hi, I had a few questions that I hope someone will have some info on. My
first one is on stool testing. I asked our new pediatricain about having
our 3 children having Celiac testing done and at first he did not want to
have it because he felt that the kids were not showing signs of Celiac. His
signs would be failure to thrive and off the growth chart. Of course, I
know from being on the list that these are not the only signs and sometimes
there is none. However, when he learned Joshua was suspected of Autism he
called gastrio docter who told him there is a relation between autism and
celiac. However neither of them had heard of a stool test and said there
was no stool test. Nolan is also suspected of Fragil X as well might be the
other 2 since they have very similar problems. When they do the testing for
fragil X they will do a blood celiac test. My question is does anyone know
if the site that does the stool testing takes medicaid insurance?

Another question I have is that I have been diagnosed with celiac about 1
1/2 years. When I had celiac and it was undiagnosed I lost a lot of weight
however I was also over weight before than from having a baby. I went down
to 115 lbs and I am 5'2. Since than I seem to be rapidly putting on alot
weight especially recently I am now 160 lbs. I also seem to have alot of
water retention espcially in my feet, ankles and calf. It hurts to put on
my shoe and the water seems to not be going down very much during the night
and seems to be getting worse. I also want info on Lymph. cancer. What part
of the body does it attack and what are the symptoms. Is there any type of
auto. that effect the area under your chin and neck?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Diana at [log in to unmask]