From:
Sandi Crow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandi Crow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:43:27 -0500

I asked a while back if anyone used bio-identical hormones and how well they worked for them.  Here are some of the responses:

She uses estrogen cream & progesterone drops --used for menopause symptoms and to build bone mass

Estrace tablets (1mg) and estrace vaginal creme (1/2 g. a week)

Progesterone cream by emerita (get paraben free tube) and someone used progesterone cream by Arbone

www.virginiahopkintests.com to see if hormones are out of balance

bi-estrogen 2.5 mg cap daily and progesterone 100mg daily and they feel great

Estrace 5 mg and prometrium 100mg to help with sleep, anxiety, and hot flashes (working great)

Bio-identical hormones in a gel from Womans International Pharmacy www.womensinternational.com

Some said the the creams worked better because they were absorbed better than through our compromised digestive tract and some said they didn't work as well.

Hope this helps.  Sandi