From:
Jeff Biggins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Biggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:37:35 -0500

Hello to everyone,
        I apologize for the long turn around on the summary.My origional
question concerned stomach acidification .My specific problem has been
continued symptoms of Gas and diahria despite my best efforts to remain
gluten free.The overwhelming responce was wonderful and all the coments
were thoughtful  and heartfelt ..I think my problem might just boil down
to simply continued contamination by gluten .I am posting excerpts of all
the responces in two parts.My deepest apreciation to everyone who took the
time to help.

PROMPTLY find a gastronteroligist who understands celiac disease, then
ditch
the current doctor who can't be bothered with you. Make an appointment as
soon as possible to discuss your bad flora problems with the new gastro
doc.. Also ask the new gastro doc to refer you to a dietitian who
understands the gluten free diet.  All those supplements, probiotics and
enzymes you are taking are probably are not gluten free and adding to your
misery. I don't know and have never heard of "bad flora" but all these
things you are taking to treat it could be contributing to the diarrhea and
gas. Not being 100% gluten free is most likely at the bottom of your
current
stomach problems.  I'll bet once you are eating only gluten free foods, the
bad flora problems should disappear. What you describe is a very common
symptom of celiac disease and not eating properly (gluten free) all the
time. I've been a celiac all my life and I know what I'm talking about.
Getting your stomach acid in balance is difficult. I use Beatine
Hydrochloride.
> It has worked wonderful for my digestion. I take calcium,the B's group,
and
> hydrochloride.
I forgot to mention the leaky gut part.  That is a
huge part of the whole dysbiosis (intestinal imbalance) scenario.  I take
l-glutamine (Twin Labs 500 mg. caps and the dosage at first is l000 mg's 3x
daily, not half of that, which is what you usually will hear) along with
the
Natren's.  The probiotics along with the l-glutamine will heal the stomach
lining.  I have taken this for about 2 years, since I seem to have ongoing
permeability.   You have to heal the leaky gut or you will never get well,
that's for sure..........zero carbs gets really yucky after about 3 days,
but if you can last for about a month with maybe 20-40 grams, along with
the
Cipro (if you have bad bacterial overgrowth) and probably nystatin or even
better, Candex which is all natural and in the hfs (to kill candida
Korean kimchee, kifer, raw sauerkraut will all acidify the stomach a
little bit.  But sounds to me like what you need is some really serious
stomach acid replacement.  I used to take probiotics & eat kimchee up to
wazoo, too.  But the single most effective thing I've found for treating
intestinal dysbiosis is betaine hydrochloride with pepsin & other
digestive enzymes.  My favorite product is Thorne Bio-Gest.