From:
Valerie Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:05:36 +0000

Are you aware that Outback has changed their GF BBQ sauce?

My son always orders the kids Grilled Chicken on the Barbie, and the other
day he noticed that the BBQ sauce tasted very different.  We tried the sauce
and we didn't like it but most importantly we were concerned whether this
new sauce is GF or not.  We asked the waiter to check on this for us and he
returned to the table and said that it was gf.  However, when my husband
sent an email to the corporate office concerning the new BBQ sauce and the
taste of it he received a call from the manager at our local Outback and the
manager said he wasn't sure if the new sauce is gf or not.  He was going to
check on this for us and we haven't heard back from him.  He told us that
several people were complaining about the taste of the new BBQ sauce.

If anyone else gets more information on this new sauce could you please post
it for everyone.  We haven't pushed getting an answer just because our son
won't be eating the new sauce anyway due to the taste of it but it concerned
us for everyone else's health to try to find out whether this sauce is gf or
not.

I am very dissappointed in Outback that they haven't researched the gf
status of this new sauce and still have it listed on the GF menu.  When we
order our meal we tell the waiter that it must be GF and they serve this BBQ
sauce on the plate not knowing for sure if it is GF or not.  We noticed this
change due to the horrible taste of the sauce, what other ingredients have
they changed on us without updating the gf menu????