From:
L Mann & T Abbe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L Mann & T Abbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 21:28:57 -0700

I appreciate all the wonderful replies to my request for St. Paul, Minnesota restaurant information for my friend from Scotland who will be traveling to St. Paul in November.  I received many recommendations for Minneapolis restaurants as well, so am including all those here.  thanks everyone!   - Laurie in Seattle, WA

Sydney's:   on Grand Avenue will make any of their pasta dishes with rice noodles and
puts every ingredient on the menu, so one can be safe. (be sure to tell the wait staff to have the kitchen use fresh pot/water, as they won't do it otherwise!) http://www.sidneysrestaurant.com/

Sakura - Japanese restaurant/sushi bar

Pazzaluna.  See menu at pazzaluna.com

PF Chang's at Southdale (ask for gluten-free menu)
Black Forest at Lake St and Nicollet (german potato salad, wursts,
kraut are safe)(also Greek and Asian restaurants nearby)
Passage to India at Lake and Hennepin (avoid naan bread)
Cafe Brenda's in dwtn Minneapolis (trendy, but real chef)

Downtowner Woodfire Grill (see website at downtownerwoodfire.com)

Moscow on the Hill, Selby is accommodating.  Zander Cafe on Selby
Vintage on Selby

Ecopolitan (see ecopolitan.net)

Good Earth (in Roseville?) on Fairview has a GF menu and some GF desserts

Outback Steakhouses (through the Twin Cities)

The Capitol Grill 612-692-9000
OceanAire Seafood(located in the Hyatt)612-333-2277
Cafe Della Vita (located in the Grand Hotel)612-752-9595
Morton's of Chicago 612-673-9700
Aqua Vit - 612-343-3333
Basil's - 612-332-2739
Good Fellow's - 612-332-4800

Supermarkets
Wedge in Uptown (Minneapolis - GF baked goods every day!) http://www.wedgecoop.com/

Whole Foods is on Grande and Fairview
Mississippi Market is on Selby and Dale

visitors can also contact the Northland Celiac Support Group in the
Minneapolis-St. Paul area.   Contact person [log in to unmask]  .