From:
Rockford CSA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rockford CSA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2011 08:36:20 -0700

There is not a back-up plan for the picnic for weather.

The concerts do have a back-up plan and that is the gym at Guilford High School but I can't say that I would recommend that.  I spoke to someone a few weeks ago who went to see a group at the gym and it was very hot and not ventilated.  With the heat we are expecting today, I would not recommend sitting in a hot gym - I know I won't be!

The shelter is covered and fairly large, with restrooms as part of the shelter so we could weather a little rain.   As of right now, the hourly weather report on weather.com is showing 10% chance of rain from 1:00 until 4:00, then it goes up to 40% for the remainder of the evening.  By later in the day it may be different.  I will be showing up (unless of course we are under a tornado warning) so we'll just have to wait and see what the weather is looking like at that time.  Obviously do whatever you are comfortable with.

Hopefully we will luck out and I'll see many of you tonight!

Jolyn