From:
Janice Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janice Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 17:35:22 -0700

Since I summarized the antibiotic survey, I have had many people writing to
ask more questions and to offer their own advice, and so many people saying
"your story is my story" and so I will summarize again.

summary #2A  -  Here is some of the advice people offered to me:

- try substituting stevia for sugar

- for me yoga breathing techniques (which basically tell you to breath fully
through the nose in and out) really helped me heal faster

- Cynthia Rudert, a doctor who specializes in celiac in Atlanta, puts ALL
new celiac patients on probiotics because she often finds people with celiac
have overgrowth. In fact, she says it's one of the main reasons some people
don't heal.

- I am not officially diabetic, but if I eat any thing like a potato, my
blood sugar shoots up...I test regularly even tho I am not diabetic...this
has produced a goldmine of information about my body's reaction to various
carbs that theoretically I should be able to eat... I treat myself pretty
much like a diet-controlled diabetic...TESTING HELPS...LEARN HOW TO DO
IT..IT'S EASY AND A GREAT INVESTMENT..

- There is a product called Culturelle - available at Walgreens in the
antacid section. It is an aggressive strain of Lactobacillus, not
Lactobacillus acidophilus, but Lactobacillus GG - something patented. I find
that helpful. Hard to find on the shelf - you may have to have someone show
you where it is. Can be ordered in if they don't have in stock. That helps
me a lot.

*******
*******