Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 15:39:13 -0500

I agree with some other list contributors that no amount of gluten is safe.
We should not cut corners.

At the same time, remember that no doctor can predict your individual future
especially to tell you you will die of lymphoma. I am a practicing Medical
Oncologist and have been in medicine 25 years and have still not seen a known
case of lymphoma in a celiac. I agree that many Celiacs are not diagnosed so
this is clearly biased and just my anecdotal experience. My point is that
overall it is rare and I believe our best defense is to avoid gluten
completely as best we can.

Steve in St Louis,MO