From:
Solange Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 16:25:30 EDT

Hi everyone,

I was retested for my antibodies this month. I've been GF for two years now,
with only very occasional slip-ups.  In fact, since the blood work, I have
been stricter since I stopped eating out in restaurants totally as an
experiment.  I want to have my blood drawn in three months after I avoid
eating out, takeout food and accidental ingestion.

Can anybody tell me what this means:

1.  Gliadin AB IgG          High at 56
(Negative would be <20
Weak Positive 20-30
Strongly Positive >30

Well, I see I'm strongly positive, according to Quest, but does this mean as
a Celiac, or gluten getting in even though I live GF?

2.  Gliadin AB IgA               12
(No Ranges given)

My original test were in the hundreds, no kidding, so this is a change, but I
don't know how to decipher.  Can anyone help me out.  Too bad it doesn't mean
I am cured.  I had a dream about bagels last night after seeing a bagel
bakery on TV.  I guess it's a trip out to Cafe Baldo due for me.

On the news front, my friend who has MS was told to stop eating wheat.  She
said "I can't," and the doctor said that she must cut her intake by half
because there is proof that gluten exacerbates autoimmune diseases.  I am
impressed. My doctor doesn't realize that there is gluten in some ice cream.

Of the two skin biopsies, the first came back inconclusive for DH, and the
second,
DIF test, still has not come back. It is the second one I am interested in as
I understand it to be more accurate.  In the meantime, the doctor gave me a
cream called Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP, 0.1%, and I was able to sleep
last night without scratching the skin off my arm, and today I see some
healing.  She feels it is not DH, but a form of eczema, which may or may not
be related to Celiac. So what else is new?

I hope all of you are well and happy.  I will be making the move to Florida
on June 22, so any Celiacs down there please contact me so we can have lunch
sometime.

Love and peace to all,

Libby
NYC