From:
PATRICA CLARK <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PATRICA CLARK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 18:56:22 -0400

I had a wonderful and overwhelming response to my question about breakfast food variety.  My sincere thanks to the great bunch of people who responded.  You were all great!  Here are the creative responses.  I hope this is helpful to others, as well.
  a.. lots of cereals recommended, too many to list most people add dates, raisins, nuts  (I am not a big fan of cereal though. I eat it more for snacks than breakfast.)
  b.. Rice cakes with peanut butter, pb and walnuts or cream cheese in various flavors
  c.. Yogurts (Another food I don't like but it might help someone else who likes it.)
  d.. Waffles with cinnamon sugar and walnuts (this is yummy, I tried it) This person recommended Mesa Sunrise waffles (8 to a box, not 6 like Van's - I tried them and they are great!
  e.. Glutino's and Kinnikinick's frozen bagels (almost equal recommendations)
  f.. Kinnikinick donuts -van. frosted or choc. frosted - I like the choc.
  g.. Muffins, coffeecake make and freeze to use as needed
  h.. Smoothies (good suggestion - 2 cups of fruit or combination of fruit and juice, ice water and sweetener.  The source says p.b. and banana is good.  I recommend strawberry and banana.  Yummy!
  i.. Buckwheat groats ??    with raisins, banana, avocado, goat yogurt, walnuts butter and olive oil and kiefer (what's kiefer?)
  j.. Glutano rice wafers with pbj or pb and banana
  k.. polenta fried with butter or cheese   can buy premade 6 in. log in dairy section
  l.. corn tortillas with egg, ham, cheese or apples and cheese
  m.. rice pudding (Kozy brand is good)
  n.. pumpkin pie filling (no crust)
  o.. deviled eggs
  p.. potatoes with bacon, peppers, onions
  q.. fried mashed potatoes (these are great fried in butter!)
  r.. gluten free cookies with various fruits
  s.. gf meal replacement drink
  t.. lentils with green peas and curry
  u.. oatmeal (a couple of people recommended McCann's - I thought oatmeal was on the gluten list or still debatable at least????? Some add apple, other, cinnamon sugar, vanilla, etc.
  v.. Pamela's pancake mix, also can freeze and heat later
  w.. cooked egg wrapped in ham
  x.. French toast with gf bread
  y.. Manischevitz potato pancake mix (these are delish!) The homestyle are best!
  z.. German pancake 1/2 c. milk, 1/2 c. gf flour, 1/2 t. salt, 2 eggs.  Mix, bake at 350 in pan with 2 tsp. melted butter to coat. Sounds good!
  aa.. corn tortillas with cream cheese - others put leftover meats, cheese in
  ab.. some folks just eat leftover dinners (works for me) ex: tuna salad on cucumber slices, hamburger, chili, vegetables in tortillas, etc. lots of suggestions
  ac.. Cream of rice, cream of buckwheat
  ad.. Grits with lots of butter yum!
  ae.. Lots of bread recipes, homemade or Manna from Anna one recommended baking in a donut ring and one in mini angel pans from Wal-Mart some add onions, garlic, seeds, etc.
  af.. Whole foods cornbread, muffins, scones and other goodies
  ag.. Sterk's gf bagels with cr. cheese and jelly
  ah.. Enjoy Life bagels. ryeless rye and reg. gf bread
  ai.. granola
  aj.. cottage cheese with additions like fruit
  ak.. egg fried with mashed banana
  al.. Omega smart bars
  am.. PB/apple
  an.. Gillian's raisin muffins
  ao.. Quinoa, cooked and sweetened with stevia (several people sweeten with stevia - what is it?
  ap.. Ruby range southwest pancakes
  aq.. Frittata with corn, egg, sour cream and cheese  (sounds wonderful)
  ar.. fry slice of gf bread, buttered on one side,jam on soft side
  as.. Carnation or other instant breakfast (read labels)
  at.. Quinoa flakes hot cereal - supergrain brand in greenish box
  au.. food for life brown rice tortillas as breakfast burrito
  av.. fry a handful of frozen chopped onions, toss in saved cooked rice and curry powder (can't wait to try)
  aw.. reheated rice topped with: applesauce, banana, cinnamon and nutmeg mixed in blender
  ax.. rice porridge by Orgren
  ay.. fried, salted ground pork cubes with rice and honey
I am enjoying breakfast these days and out of my "waffle rut" thanks to all of you great and helpful people.  THANKS AGAIN!!!!!