From:
Karl Tusing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 13:54:49 -0400

As I was looking through the dozens of CELIAC e-mails, 99% of which I have no
need of or contribution to, I was wondering if there was a better way to
facilitate the exchange of information.

Let me illustrate.  I noticed that people are traveling places, and would
like to inquire about possible dining locations.  I imagine that 90%+ of the
listservers have not been to the location desired, so they would just delete
the e-mail.  And these requests are numerous daily.  Could there be a
depository of some type, where people who did travel could put in there
information.  Then the travelers could look there first, to see if there is
any information applicable to them.  (or some other kind of idea like
that...)

The same could go for contacts with food vendors.  Alot of the products in
question might not be applicable to a majority of the listservers.

Another example - baby/children issues.  What about the listservers w/o them?
Could they be "filtered" so that they wouldn't receive the e-mails?

Anyway, I would love to see some discussion on how to make the requests
or statements of information apply to those that need/desire them.  Any
thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Karl Tusing

ps - I do appreciate the listerver service, but long for something more
productive.