From:
Jutta Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:52:09 -0700

Hi all!
Not sure why some of the measurements did not copy properly into my
summary - so I wrote them out long-hand for this re-submission:

OLD FASHIONED BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

2 (two)  cups gf flour mix
1 (one) cup Splenda or sugar
¾ (three-quarter) tsp salt
 ½ (one-half) cup skim milk
2 (two) tsp baking powder
 ¼ (one-quarter) cup  honey
½ (one-half) cup light margarine
2 (two) eggs
1 (one) tsp vanilla
1(one)  cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 350. Sift dry ingredients. Cream margarine
Splenda or sugar & honey with mixer until light & fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in
vanilla. Alternately stir in flour mixture and milk, beginning
and ending with flour. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter
into muffin cups (use either papers or spray with Pam)
Bake until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
This would be about 25 min, cool in pan about 10 min.
Remove muffins and cool completely (or eat and enjoy!)

DRY FLOUR MIX
2 c brown rice flour 2 c white rice flour
1 1/2 c sweet rice flour 1 1/3 c tapioca starch or flour
2/3 c corn starch 1/2 c rice bran or rice polish
2 tsp xanthan gum

Sift together 3 or 4 times and store in canister. Use 1 c
of this mixture when recipe calls for 1 c wheat flour.
Works very well in cookies, bars, cakes - even rolled out
sugar cookies.

These are very good, and I have made them in the large muffin pans. If
you think they are a little too crumbly, next time add another 1/2 tsp
xanthan gum. Jan from ND