From:
Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2018 18:35:38 -0500

Oriental Chicken

2 large chicken breasts, cut in strips
1 few squirts of Bragg Liquid Amino*
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
oil
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 small onion, sliced
green pepper, sliced
1/4 head cabbage, shredded**

Combine liquid amino, garlic, and crushed red pepper;marinate chicken for 4 hours.

Combine peanut butter, 1 tbsp oil, brown sugar and remaininga couple more squirts of amino  (if it’stoo thin, add a little water).  If I’mmaking a large recipe, I double this portion of the sauce.

Stir fry chicken until almost done.  Add onions and peppers and cook untilcrisp.  Stir in cabbage and peanutsauce.  Simmer only until heated throughand serve with rice (or omit if you prefer).

If you     don’t use liquid amino, you can use soy sauce (I decided years ago to     lower salt intake and the liquid amino is made from soy beans with     practically no sodium.

** I’ve started using bagged cole slaw mix – easyand has more vegetables in it.

I had leftovers the other day andto stretch it out I sauteed cut up shrimp, added some more onions and cole slawmix (also added some more of the peanut butter sauce.
]
I just had Amy's Pad Thai and it was terrible - nothing healthy about it.  Hope some of  you will try the above.

Phyllis Chinn

*******
*******