From:
John Cheshire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 09:48:19 +0000

Hello again

Oh dear, looks like I've started something here I did not intend. I
post this reply to my own message to answer general questions which I
seem to have inadvertantly raised. I think it is a shame that hemp
seeds are so misunderstood. I have 10Kg of legally purchased, organic
hemp seeds at home. I grind the seeds in a blender and use the flour
in my own gluten free bread recipe. I love the texture, flavour and
health benefits that the hemp seed flour brings.

It seems from the couple of replies I have received so far that there
is an assumption that Hemp seeds are hallucinogenic!!!!

I assume that growing hemp is illegal in the USA? It is a shame if
that is the case. Growing Marijuanu is illegal in the UK, growing
Hemp is not illegal and has been encouraged by the Government with
grants to farmers. There is a farmer in North Wales who grows 28
acres of hemp - legally and safely.

Extract from "Hemp Facts";

14.The war between America and Great Britain in 1812 was mainly about
access to Russian Hemp.

24.Henry Ford dreamed that someday automobiles would be grown from
the soil. The Ford motor company, after years of research produced an
automobile with a plastic body. Its tough body used a mixture of 70%
cellulose fibres from Hemp. The plastic withstood blows 10 times as
great as steel could without denting! Its weight was also 2/3 that of
a regular car, producing better economy. Henry Ford was forced to use
petroleum due to Hemp prohibition. His plans to fuel his fleet of
vehicles with plant-power also failed due to Alcohol prohibition at
the time.

Lastly, Hemp and Marijuana are from the same genetic family. Hemp has
been bred to not contain THC - the psychoactive ingredient in
Marijuanu. Also consider - if the seeds in Marijuana itself were
potent, why is Sensimilla ( without seed ) so popular among those who
do have interest in the psychoactive rather than health aspects of
the plant?

This will be my last word on the subject to this list, the last thing
I want to do is clutter the list with a hemp argument. Should anyone be
interested in my bread recipe, you are welcome to email me directly.

Regards,

John Cheshire
London, England