From:
Bambi Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bambi Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:31:04 -0500

*This email came in after I summarized and has some important
information(confusing based on majority responses that synthroid is GF) but
potentially important*

Hi. After reading your summary, I am regretting my delayed response. I
recently researched synthroid only to learn that there was a recent change
in its glutenfree status. I found it to be listed as "no longer can
guarantee gf status". On the glutenfreedrugs.com site-which I hold in high
regard. I contavted their manufacturer Abbott directly, and they also said
that they could not guarantee it. They said they had surveyed their
suppliers to confirm there was not any ingredient that contained gluten,
however was their regret that they had not asked them about contamination
issues in their plants, nor do they test it to see if it is gf.
I also contacted Mylan who manufactures a generic, and they made the claim
that theirs is gf. I used to take synthroid too. Also 2 of my family members
appear to have been reacting to it. They have switched to the generic by
Mylan, and feel it is resolved.
Take it for what it is worth. I pressed the manufacturers pretty hard on
this one because so many of us are taking it every day. I spoke with these
manufacturers just recently Dec. 08, only one month ago.
Lynn Shadle Gabriel