From:
Mollie Gates <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 13:02:36 EST

Thanks to all who replied.  I am a new to this group and this was my first
posting.

Several people suggested Johnsons' Baby Shampoo.  I called about the new
Moisturing Formula with Honey and E and it is gf. The Ultra Sensitive Line is
not manufactured any more.  I talked to a representative who said to call
back in 4-5 weeks regarding the Kids No More Tangles Spray and the Kids
Shampoo and Condition in one.  She said there was no data in the computer as
to the gf status of the kids products and research would be done on them. If
anyone calls back regarding this, use reference #4530349A. The phone number
is 1-800-5263967.

Shampoo lines recommended were Pantene, Neutrogena and Back to Basics.  Also,
Biolage; I would suggest reading the label on that one to see if it seems gf
to you. I was unsure; however, it did work for the person recommending it.

Paul Mitchell Wash and Condition. These as well as mine (Logics by Matrix)
include hydolized soy protein but i am guessing since its soy it is all right.

Problems were reported with Herbal Essenses and Graham Weber shampoos.
Origins often adds wheat protein to its shampoos so check the label.

According to one respondent, Suave will list grain based ingredients on the
label.

One person recommended the Yves Rocher Line for cosmetics and shampoo
although not everything is gf.  It is available online.

Other cosmetic lines recommended were Neutrogena, Almay, Avon and
Prescriptives, the latter's cleansers as well.  As for lip balm, Martha
Stewart lip balm kit ordered through Martha Stewart by Mail online....you
make it yourself with the kit...and Neutrogena were recommended. For dry
skin, Shisheido Bio-Performance.

Origins will fax you a list of terms describing gluten containing ingredients
in its line. 1-800-ORIGINS.

The LISTSERV for this group as well as
http://geocites.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-meds.toiletries.html were
suggested as well.