From:
Anne Washburn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Washburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2007 15:50:46 -0500

This comes from the Research Buzz newsletter:

10/28/07

** Directory of Gluten-Free Restaurants
<http://www.researchbuzz.org/wp/2007/10/28/directory-of-gluten-free-restaurants/>

I did not realize how much interest there was in gluten-free eating
until I redid Cookin' With Google and got lots of e-mails asking to
expand the gluten-free option. So I know at least some of you will
find this useful -- a database of gluten-free eating across several
countries, including the US, Canada, France, Germany, and the UK.
http://glutenfreeonthego.com/ has over 3500 venues in its database.

 From the front page you can search by type of venue/food -- fast
food, bakeries, hotels, etc. You do that BEFORE you search by
location. Once you've specified a venue, then you specify a location
-- continent, country, state, or town. I did a search for pizza in
the US. I got 41 results. The first results had the most description
-- paid insertions? You can click on the name of the restaurant for
more information. The ones at the top had the very detailed pages,
including logos and extensive descriptions. The ones at the bottom,
like In-N-Out Burger (IN-N-OUT BURGER?) had no description at all,
and very little beyond an address and phone number.)

I'm a little bemused by the fact that you have to search by venue
before location -- 3500 locations across nine areas isn't that many.
I think I would use this as a starting point -- you'll certain get
some dining ideas here. (In-n-Out certainly wouldn't have occurred to
me while thinking about gluten-free eating....)

(end of article)

Best wishes,
Anne Burton Washburn

*******