From:
Malia Paulsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 18:32:12 EDT

Hi, I am have celiac sprue and have used this list frequently.  This quarter
at school I am in a writing class consisting of nothing more than one major
research paper.  I'd like to address the FDA's labeling policies, or rather
the inadequacy of them.  How better labels would help us, and others with
dietary disorders in choosing foods.  I am also interested in addressing the
public's lack of knowledge in this issue.  It gets so frustrating trying to
order in restaurants and having waitresses look at me like I have the plague.
If you have any ideas you'd like me to discuss in this paper, any info you can
give me, anything you can contribute, I will definately appreciate it.
Thanks!
Mia
P.S.  I was at a Sharis in Eugene last weekend and mentioned my diet, and the
waitress pulled out a manual that addressed diatary concerns and listed every
ingrediant in their foods.  According to her all employees are supposed to be
familliar with this manual and they have meetings to discuss it.