From:
Michael Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 17:43:54 EDT

Howdy from Dallas, everyone!

I've been gluten-free since January of this year, having spent two years
being ill, and finally figuring out what the problem was.

I've been interested in dreams and the study of dreaming for a long time, and
I've noticed from reading my dream journal that my gluten issues often spill
over into my dreams.  I find myself reading product labels in dreams, telling
people that I can't eat certain things, and dealing with social situations
such as pizza parties where I can't have what everyone else is having.  In a
couple of lucid dreams, I've actually become aware enough to realize, "Hey,
this is only a dream, I can have pizza and beer and Krispy Kremes, and they
can't hurt me here!"  So far, I haven't had any horrible dreams where I ate
something accidentally and got sick (touching wood...)

I imagine that since it is such an important life change, it is just working
its way through the subconscious parts of my dreaming mind.  Have any of you
noticed gluten as a factor in your dreams?  Has it changed over time?  Do you
feel that these dreams have affected the way you feel, or helped you
incorporate this drastic change of diet and lifestyle?

Thanks!
Michael in Dallas