From:
C Dryden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 18:48:06 -0600

Hello all.

I have just subscribed to this list and am hoping for some good advice.
I have not been diagnosed as having Celiac Disease yet, but have had GI
symptoms for years.  I only recently made the correlation between
wheat/gluten ingestion and my GI symptoms.  Have seen several doctors
for fatigue, mental fogginess, and feeling generally unwell, none could
find anything wrong other than slight hypoglycemia (CBC and chem panels
were within normals).  I didn't mention the GI problems to these docs
because I didn't really see a connection with my other symptoms, and
thought I just had Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Several days ago, I
stumbled across a Celiac site on the web and realized that my symptoms
closely matched those of CD, with the exception of anemia and weight
loss.   I also discovered that CD is sometimes linked to Graves Disease,
which I was diagnosed with 3 years ago after the birth of my first
child.  I am still currently ingesting gluten until I can be tested.  I
wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience, and I would
appreciate input on the cost of the tests and biopsy, as we are
currently without insurance, and the latest info I could find on costs
of tests in the archives was 3 years old.  Thank You.

Brenda Dryden