Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 21:42:50 -0400

I was going thru some old cookbooks, Lord knows I have tons of them and
found two items that may be of interest to us:

1. Always sift flours when baking.  This may remove the grittiness we
object to with rice flour.  It wouldn't hurt anyway.

2. I came across a reference to SORGHUM FLOUR.  Okay, they got me. Never
heard of that before. " The white grained Sorghum produces a grey flour
which is exellecnt for all baking purposes and is the best general
purpose gf flour.  It has good levels of protein, minerals & vitamins".

Atkins uses soy flour in his recipes.  I would suspect that combining
soy and chestnut flour would be substanially lower in carbs. Now, if oly
it works.  Any comments on results with this combo?

Ann