From:
Amy Kravitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 19:54:32 EST

HI To the Group,

  The other day there was a posting on Friendly's Restaurants, so I figured
Id follow up on it.

   I called Friendly's headquarters today and asked them for information on
their GF foods. The lady whom I spoke with on the phone was very friendly and
receptive to my call.

   For the ice creams she told me which ones were NOT GF. So we have to go by
process of elimination for which ones we can eat. Most of the non GF ice
creams have cookies, brownies, etc. in them.

    Here's the Gluten Ice Creams
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
    Cookies and Cream
    Chocolate Fudge Brownie Yogurt
    Fudge Nut Brownie Sundae
    Magnificent Mudpie
    Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Crunch
    Cookie Dough Explosion
    Ice Cream Sandwich
    Lemon Merengue Pie
    Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Swirl
    Mint Cookies and Cream

    The rest of the ice creams are luckily GF, and there's still a lot to
choose from. I was happy to hear that.

   The gal cautioned me that there are some GF items on the Friendly's menu,
however, they cook all the food, gluten, and non-gluten on the same grill. So
be warned.

   GF food items:
   barbecue chicken breast
   grilled chicken breast
   hamburgers and hotdogs minus the roll
   mashed potatoes
   vegetables(microwaved)
   New Orleans chicken  salad (w/o the bread)
   Corn
   Oriental Chicken Salad

   The foods containing gluten to stay away from are:
   fajitas
   meatloaf
   soups
   gravies
   garlic bread
   yankee pot roast.

   I hope this information helps. To tell you the truth, I think I will just
go there from now on for the ice cream. Good luck to all.

   Sincerely,
   Amy Kravitz [log in to unmask]