From:
Jack and Laurie Tepe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 15:57:26 -0500

Hi List -
I finally got around to having a dexa (bone) scan for osteoporosis - i'm a
39 y.o. female - I haven't seen the full report yet but was told that I was
in the low normal rangE, which the receptionist termed as being osteopenic
(sp?).  I am trying to get info. about ALL of my options from hereon in -
BEFORE I see my gynocologist about it (who has a penchant for hormone
replacement, script drugs,etc.) who is supposed to give me a "plan".

If any has the experience(s) and time would they please let me know if
FOSSOMAX (sp?) is gluten free - and if it has side effects, etc.

What is the proper combo for a supplement (i.e. calcium, magnesium, vitamin
D, boron, etc. etc. ARGGGHHHHH!). I am pretty savvy about vitamin
supplementation in general.

I just started using "Progesta-Care" cream which is a natural progesterone
product - (for perimenopausal problems) as I took myself off of Provera (as
it wasn't really working and didn't like the side effects) - it seems to be
working FANTASTICALLY - so maybe that will improve my bone status here in a
year or so.  Does anyone have experience with this issue too?

Any other natural alternatives?  I know about exercise and do a fair
amount, but will kick it up some more now.  Also am a total cheesehead  -
which is bad too depending on how you look at it!

Seems like I'm always asking this LISTSERV questions that no one has
answers to...maybe this one(s) will elicit some info.  Sorry if this
question has already been asked and answered - perhaps somebody could
direct me a good web page and I will also be checking the archives when/if
I figure out the system.

What next!

Thanks alot, Laurie in SW Colorado