From:
"Jackie R." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jackie R.
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:39:25 -0700

Our celiac daughter is ill - started last Friday with a sore throat
with pustules, fever of 100+.  The nurse practitioner tested her and
said it wasn't strep and she should feel better in 7-9 days.  It has
evolved into a condition where she no longer has a fever, but she feels
nauseous whenever she eats and she is losing weight.  She also has sore
joints, which makes us think it might be gluten related so I am
scrutinizing everything she has been eating lately.  I would appreciate
any feedback on your experiences with any of the following foods.

Potential culprits:
McCormick spices (I called them and they will label if wheat, rye,
barley is an ingredient; they share equipment with gluten products but
clean it in between.  They do not test for gluten and do not label as
gluten free.)
Frontera corn chips (I called and they say they are gluten free - no
other details.)
Imagine Chicken broth (I called and they say that it is gluten free,
they share equipment with gluten products, clean it in between and test
for gluten on the first run and also in the rinse water.  No more than
1 part per million of gluten should be in their products labeled as
gluten-free.)
Pacifica Almond Milk (I called and they say it is gluten free, they
share equipment with gluten products, clean it in between and test for
gluten on the first run.  They will call me back to verify what test
results will satisfy them that it is gluten free.)
Bob's Red Mill cereal (Labeled as gluten free, on dedicated lines.)

I appreciate any experience or thoughts you have.

By the way, I posted recently on Chloraseptic as not GF.  A couple of
people asked if I clarified that I meant gluten from wheat, rye,
barley, or oats.  I called the company back (Prestige foods) and they
said they don't know what their gluten comes from.  I am awaiting
another call from them and will include the results in my Chloraseptic
summary.

Thanks.

Jackie in AZ