From:
Reesa Zuber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 16:27:36 -0500

I have a question that I have wondered about for some time.  I know that
celiac is inherited and I also know from my science about genetics and how
it works.  But if I have cd and my first cousin on my mothers side has cd
and I believe that my mother's mother had cd, can cd skip a generation and
my cousin and I have it but our mothers don't?  Did it surface because I got
recessive genes from both parents?  Or are our mothers celiac also and just
don't know it?

The reason I ask this is that my mother and her mother and my cousin are all
overweight and always have been.  My mothers doctor says oh you can't be
celiac because you are overweight.  My symptoms are not the typical. Some
insights from those of you who have done more research would be greatly
appreciated.  Reesa

Reesa Zuber, LMS
Washington MS
Yakima, Washington