From:
Kerri Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kerri Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:31:51 -0400

Sorry for the delay in this summary - it's been a crazy week, but I
appreciate all of the responses.

Overall, several people suggested talking with the chef or catering manager
directly for a wedding.  Most people felt their server had little
knowledge/control over gluten free items in this sort of a venue, but had
great success with this method of contacting the person in control of the
food.   This way you can avoid involving the bride/groom.

In Chicago, I had MANY recommendations for the Weber Grill (as it is near
our hotel).  Other places suggested:
There are many great restaurants in downtown chicago that either have gluten
free menus or can make you a gf meal on request...
The Weber Grill and Wildfire both would be at the top of my list (both with
GF menus)
Bistro 110 (across from watertower place) is known for accomadating special
requests.
I bit further north is Adobo Grill (at North and Wells) that has a gf menu
and great mexican/southwestern food.
And owned by the same people is Vinnci (near North and Halsted) that has
great Italian with a gf menu.

For Wrigley Field I received this response:
We have gone to Wrigley Field for games and have some wonderful luck.  There
is a vendor who grills chicken breasts and took the extra precautions when
we explained our daughter's situation.  We did arrive before the game
(during batting practice) while it was not crazy busy.  I would highly
recommend Uno's Pizzeria there is one on Ohio and I believe one on Wabash,
call ahead but most locations have a GF pizza.

Someone also mentioned Fudruckers and Wendy's in Davenport Iowa.

I appreciate all of the help!!  I was only diagnosed in late December so
this is all still fairly new to me.  Thank you :)