From:
Lisa Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 15:54:42 -0400

I have recently noticed on two occasions references to
caramel colour not being GF.  According to my pocket
dictionary of "Acceptability of Food and Food
Ingredients for the Gluten-Free Diet" put out by the
Canadian Celiac Association, Caramel is "a brown
colouring made by heating sugar or glucose in the
presence of acid or alkali, used for colouring foods
and confections" and is ALLOWED.

Am I mistaken here?  Is caramel colouring different
from caramel?

Can anyone shed light on this for me?

Thanks in advance,
Lisa