Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 1995 15:58:41 +0100

>I have two friends with sons who are shizophrenics and another friend whose
>schizophrenic son committed suicide.  All these young men became ill at
>around the age of 18. ...deleted.....would appreciate
>any information that I migh pass along to my frinds.  Thanks

I suffer from MS..only slight but there. I have had some success on a gluten
free diet allied to a reduction in refined sugar, saturated fats, dairy but
absolutely no gluten

I remember reading a book at an MS centre 2 years ago which was published in
th 60's drwaing correlations and presenting hypotheses linking MS, Artritis,
Scizophrenia as well as CD to gluten consumption.

What I can't understand is why the medics aren't investigating this obvious
link. Why spend all this money developing drugs that have harmful side
effects and are only partially successful for all these conditions when the
logical approach is to bring pressure to bear on governments to force food
manufactures to produce a percentage of foods that are suitable for minority
groups. In the same way that legislation is developing for disabled people.

I have been met with shaking heads when bringing this subject up to the
neuroligist's junior doctor (I never met the neuro, a Dr Gibberd at
Roehampton Hospital, London, UK). BUT, only shakinh heads. No attempt to
explain alternatives, or to explain the correlation, or successes in this field.

Vested interest, and posturing to protect position are two phrases that
spring to mind.

Mike Johnson