From:
asokolowski1 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
asokolowski1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2009 12:18:18 -0500

I asked about M&M choco covered almonds for when I crashed from low blood sugars.....it is gf

I got several responses to ask why I used a snickers bar  to bring up my blood sugar why not glucose pills or hard candy.  Snickers bars are carried by EMT;s in ambuluances along with potato chips....which I do not like...each snickers brings up blood sugar about 60 pts in two or three min.  The glucose pills make me gag and work far more slowly...a half hour is not unusual. Each pill brings it up only ten pts.  amd it just takes too long. I was very interested as to why emt's do not carry the glucose pills and they said it took too long to work.  Insteresting     btw..I got this info from EMT in the NYC area