From:
Charles Oldenburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 22:37:15 EST

Does anyone have any information regarding a connection between borderline
high  blood pressure and wheat/gluten sensitivity and/or celiac disease?  I
discovered (self-diagnosis) that I am sensitive to wheat and other grains
about a year ago.  I stopped eating bread and pasta - the obvious. However, I
continued to have a few digestive and other symptoms so for the past few
months I have gotten really serious about avoiding even traces of gluten.  All
symptoms have just about disappeared.

I had been fighting borderline high blood pressure for years with diet,
exercise, low salt etc. with only mixed results. When I am really serious
about keeping off gluten the blood pressure is down to normal for the first
time in years.  Has anyone else had this experience?  Christina Oldenburg