From:
C. Hammelrath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 18:23:04 -0700

Hello listmates!   I have a JUST diagnosed celiac here.  She is Mexican
and her English is pretty good.  However, she is frightened, ill, been
through the usual 10,000 tests, etc.    She is VERY anemic, normal
enough.   The doc has been giving her iron shots.  She is quite
concerned that she has dizzy spells and is still quite fatigued.  I
speak Spanish but my techical vocabulary is not quite up to snuff.  I
would very much appreciate any and all messages explaining the process
of celiac in SPANISH, opinions about the iron shots, in SPANISH, any and
all suggestions you may have to offer and experiences to share, in
SPANISH,  so I can hand her some printed words in SPANISH about this
illness.  I have taken her literature, Gluten-Free Living, she has
joined the Celiac Disease Foundation, I went through her cupboards and
frig with her ... but she just really needs a lot of comforting in
SPANISH from more than just me.  She feels very isolated here, and I am
sure we can ALL relate to that feeling, but hers is greater because of
the lack of information in SPANISH.  So  ..... HELP please, I know there
are some very good Spanish speakers out there who can do it well.
Marina is her name, and she does not have a computer nor know how to use
one .... yet!  Give me time!

 I am on the listserve from Spain, but the products do not match up
much, so, much of it is irrelevant here to someone going through the U.
S. system.  And, Mexican food is not the same as Spanish, etc., etc.
Thanks for all your help - you are indispensable folks... please email
me direct.   Catherine in Las Vegas