Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2007 12:13:47 -0700

Thank you everyone! I am actually in West Yarmouth-one
town over from Dennis. Have not eaten out yet, but
will soon for seafood. I was planning on getting some
salt water taffy if anyone knows of GF DF concerns?
Thanks again, summary below.

The Cape's getting better at being aware - there's a
great support group and we've done quite well getting
out the word.

The Scargo Cafe in Dennis - just across from the Cape
Playhouse - will be good and the staff is happy to ask
the chef what's safe.
In Orleans, the Academy Ocean Grille and Joe's Bar and
Grille (great menu)
on the way to Nauset Beach in East Orleans will check
with their chefs too -and are very accommodating.

In Hyannis, there's an Outback Steakhouse with its GF
menu - and Olive Garden has one too.  Both are on
Route 132 - LOTS of traffic sometimes going
from Exit 6 IN to Hyannis.  Better to get off at Exit
7 and go the other way - right down 28 and right at
the rotary onto 132.

A great breakfast place is Keltic Kitchen on Route 28
on the Hyannis-Yarmouth border - no air conditioning,
but the outside screened porch is super.  They're
Irish - and they "get it."

PS - There's a Trader Joe's in Hyannis with lots of GF
stuff - and both Shaws and Stop and Shop have a number
of choices.

Enjoy!

Gail

Someone told me there was a GF pizza place in
Dennisport but I haven't had a chance to look for it
yet. The health food store in Chatham told me about
it. Somebody in town should be able to help you when
you get there.

Several years ago we went to Falmouth..
We went to this seafood restaurant and I got the
broiled seafood platter along with a baked potato.
When they brought it I asked what that was
sprinkled all over it ? Then Sandy decides to inform
me that, "it is a New England custom to sprinkle bread
crumbs on broiled food to preserve
the moisture."  I went ballistic I had already taken
my insulin and apparently my blood sugar had dropped a
lot.  Everyone in the place probably heard
about CD and diabetes.  The manager did bring me
another dinner shortly.
Be sure to ask about seafood.