From:
John Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:59:28 -0500

In the process of researching gluten-free laxatives, found that CVS has a
database of their gluten free OTC products, which they sent me a copy of
(Excel database that came through as a web page, but was easily copied and
pasted into a new Excel file for resorting, etc. Small compared to the
number of CVS-branded products they carry, but that's typical. I asked
dozens of questions about the list, and they assured me that everything on
it was checked thoroughly with each manufacturer, so is as accurate as they
come. Call the main customer service number:

888-607-4287

and request one. They also expressed interest in sharing with CSA for their
printed book of gluten free products I use, so watch for it also in next
year's update.

(Too big to include in this list, and I don't yet have a website to host
it.) Great resource, though. I wish more pharmacies would compile similar
lists.

(The only laxative on their list, which includes only OTC CVS/generic
products, is the "CVS Maximum Strength Laxative", generic sennosides. The
regular strength, manufactured by another company, is NOT gluten-free, nor
is the branded ExLax by Novartis.)

John