From:
Julie Watt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julie Watt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:23:06 -0500

Thank you for all your responses, it was really helpful. I think we'll be
using corn starch for the Christmas turkey, as that was the majority vote. I
did receive one very unpleasant email and was very disappointed by it. I've
been using this listserv for eight months and this was my most unpleasant
experience with it. I've said it to the person in question, but as a general
reminder, derision is not acceptable. People are looking for acceptance and
information here, not to be ridiculed for their choices.

Summary of responses below; the number indicates number of votes for an
item. Problems are listed at the end.

2 Sylvan Farms All-Purpose GF Flour
3 Bette Hagman's All-Purpose GF Flour
4 Rice Flour
1 GF Pantry French Bread Mix -- amount=1.5 times wheat flour
11 Corn Starch
1 Tapioca Flour
1 GF Pantry GF Flour
1 Soy Flour
1 Bob's Red Mill GF Flour
1 Potato Starch

1 Use toothpicks to hold bag off turkey and pull bag away when checking turkey
1 No dusting
4 Spray bird/bag with PAM or oil
1 Poke holes in bag, no dusting

1 Sorghum Flour -- also stuck
1 Corn starch -- stuck to bird in clumps, made skin crispy and dry

Julie in PA
http://celiacnet.com