From:
Trisha Stevenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 17:42:22 PDT

I asked our chiropractor, who is also a nationally respected kinesiologist,
what he thought about NAET. He said that while it certainly does seem to
alleviate symptoms, his professional opinion was that anyone with a core
food intolerance should simply avoid that food forever. In other words, it
might be helpful to alleviate symptoms, but don't be lulled into thinking
you can then go out and eat freely without some sort of effect on your body,
with or without overt symptoms. I respect his opinion--he's been very
helpful to our whole family, and he also has a lot of experience with celiac
(he has family members with CD).

I was pretty amused by my husband's response when I relayed this to him.
"Well," he said, "if even your flaky arm-bending witch doctor thinks it's
not going to help, then I guess we ought to respect that."

BTW, we are parents of a biopsy-diagnosed 8yo celiac. I have no intention of
adding forbidden foods back to her diet, but it would be so nice to have
less suffering from our occasional gluten accidents!