Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 1996 16:13:24 -0700

David Nelson wrote:

>  I just called Taco Bell at 1-800-TAC-OBEL for verification and,
>although I do have much confidence in the employee with whom I spoke, it
>appears that their Tostadas may be GF.  Unfortunately, they do not have a
>gluten-free list, nor do they make their ingredient list available to
>consumers....I am....frustrated by the company's lack of awareness to this
>situation.

        I am equally frustrated!  I spent quite a number of phone calls
trying to get GF info from Boston Chicken.  No one knew for sure. I
received different reports on the same items.  The turkey got both yes and
no's at various times from various people.  As for the chicken, which had
been a favorite of mine,  it is only GF if they are using their new recipe,
but no one knows which restaurants are or aren't trying the new recipe
(which may be even newer now and no longer GF!), since all locations of the
restaurant vary. Well, that's nice to know!
        I was told that since they weren't sure, I probably was better off
not eating Boston Chicken.  Well, " Thank you for the dependable
recommendation! "  It was really easy for this person to give this quick
response as an easy solution, not realizing that at a Celiac, fast food
(and even many kinds of SLOW FOOD) are virtually non-existent!
        So, my question is - Are there any places out there which we can
truly trust, no matter what end of the country we are at??? Or...Do I have
to be a walking rice cake supply house?

        Frustrated in Phoenix!

                                    Nina :)
                                '89FX3/Coupe (SAM)