From:
Shughart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 15:35:35 -0600

Just wanted to let everyone know that Taco Bell has indeed discontinued
the tostada Nationally - once the current stock is used up, they will no
longer be offering it.

As for the oat fiber in the corn shells, that does not apply to the
tostada shell, but the taco shell does contain oat fiber.

One thing that also concerns me is that I had asked specifically what
oils are used in the tostada shells and was told corn oil, whereas today
I was told that it is indeed canola oil. Now, not everyone seems to
believe in the problem of cross contamination being virtually
inescapable with canola oil, but it certainly benefited my family when
we joined CSA and learned of canola and eliminated it. Now, whether or
not one is concerned with the canola issue, the real problem that I see
here is that the answer to that question has changed even in the brief
time since the item was discontinued, making me wonder whether we ever
get the correct information on any manufactured food!

Once again, I urge each and every one of you to give Taco Bell a call
and let them know that a lot of people would like to have a gf option at
Taco Bell (other than the little pinto and cheese and the seasoned rice,
which are the only two remaining gf items): 1 800 TACO BELL (1 800
8226-235).

Thanks.

Hilary in Oxford, Mississippi