From:
Alanna Boulter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 14:35:52 +1200

Hello everyone

Yes I have finally got there!! Thanks to everyone who replied.

Here is everyones replies and those from other sources.

I believe that NZ & Australia may have different numbers for their
additives & preservatives. In any case I keep a copy of all the below.

On Scott Adam's site scroll down the page till you see the links in blue; look
for the one titled "Safe and Forbidden Lists." Click on that one and I'd
suggest printing off the list. http://www.celiac.com/
LOWELL'S AGAINST THE GRAIN IS meant to have A LIST IN THAT BOOK.

http://www.celiac.com/forbiden.html
If you scroll down it has safe additives and then forbidden.
- This might be the same as above, sorry for repeating if it is.

Living Healthy With Celiac Disease there are two lists.  One is an
Avoidance list and the other is a "Beware" list.  To learn more about
the book click here
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/anaffect/index.htm
-Don't know if the site is correct.

The Coeliac Society of NSW recommends we avoid the following additives:
150,    1100,     620, 621, 622, 624,  625,    965,    and all 1400 ie
1400,1401,1402,1403,1404,1405,1410,1412,1413,1414,1420,1421,
1422,1440,1442, 1450
- The NZ society suggests the same too
+ emulsifier 435

Also suggested werehydrolized veg. protein, any thickener which does not
specify maize starch, or does not say what it is, maltodextrin, soy sauce,
some natural and unnatural!) colourings, and caramel is a problematic one.

The gluten intolerance group from Washington has a nice listing on this
subject.   You can contact them at [log in to unmask]

I hope this helps others out there. Please feel free to comment on any
mistakes or anything else and I will update if necessary.

Happy eating everyone.

Alanna
NZ