From:
Ann Whelan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 19:00:28 -0500

Before the holiday baking and shopping really gets going,  take some time to
subscribe to Gluten-Free Living. Make sure you’re on the list for our next
issue, which is truly our best yet. Here’s a brief rundown on what it
contains:

First, a labeling report.
Get answers to your questions about restaurant menus, find out how the new
law relates to products regulated by the USDA, and read what celiacs are
telling the government they want from a new gluten-free label.

Next, a holiday how to.
We'll guide you around the buffet table with information about the kinds of
holiday foods likely to be safe for celiacs – from soup to nuts. There’s an
alphabetical listing of some common holiday foods and the facts you need to
know to make safe decisions about what to eat. Add to that a list of the
perfect gifts for people who follow a gluten-free diet, some thoughts on
making the holidays special for your children and some fancy but simple
recipes.

How to store gluten-free goodies
We turned to celiac baker extraordinaire, Paul Kelty of Mr. Ritts in
Philadelphia, for advice on how to keep holiday goodies in top form You
already know gluten-free items have a short shelf life and a tendency to dry
out. Here’s how to prevent that from happening.

Disaster planning
On the more serious side, we've included a story about surviving the kind of
disaster recently faced by those in Louisiana, Mississippi and Florida. The
best way is to be prepared.

Then you’ll find our usual departments: answers to your ingredient
questions, news about what’s happening in the celiac community, and a
variety of other material all designed to help you navigate the gluten-free
life with ease.
        It takes seconds to sign up on our  website at www.glutenfreeliving.com. Do
it today and you’ll get on the list for our next issue. It’s in the printer’
s hands and will be in yours in less than two weeks.
        While you’re on our  website, you can read definitive information on how to
select a safe turkey and check out our ingredient list, which  gives key
information on all the ingredient research we’ve done over the last ten
years.  We publish well-researched information so you can make your own
decisions based on the facts, not opinions.
        Don't miss out on our beautiful four-color magazine. To subscribe go to
www.glutenfreeliving.com.

Ann Whelan
Editor/Publisher
Gluten-Free Living